Product Owner Planning & Optimization Algorithms
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Houthalen-HelchterenSoftware development - Virtual Power Plant & Machine Learning
As a Product Owner, you are the link between the Product Manager and the development team. You contribute to the product vision, and help the team understand the requirements by writing clear stories. You own and manage the team backlog, prioritize and schedule stories into sprints, and define the acceptance criteria. On a day to day basis, you work closely with the Product Manager and the Software Architect to drive each release to successful completion.
The focus for this role is on planning and optimization algorithms for applications that monitor and optimize energy flows using machine-learning techniques. Our state of the art algorithms predict the production and consumption of green energy and control large consumers, storage systems and electric vehicles to balance supply and demand. Basically your daily work will help transform the global energy sector to shift from fossil-based systems to renewable energy sources.
This is a full-time position in our office in Houthalen-Helchteren.
You’ll join a young and dynamic company that cares about people and team spirit. This job is varied and challenging, and offers the opportunity to grow together with the organization. We offer competitive salary packages, in line with your experience and competences.
- Master’s degree in energy, computer science, industrial science or equivalent engineering degree.
- You are passionate about clean technology, renewable energy and innovation towards a sustainable future.
- You have an analytical and creative mind. You are a problem solver at heart, and can articulate the solution to a complex problem in a structured manner.
- You have affinity with software, but your expertise lies mostly in deep knowledge of the problem domain: DER's, DR, VPP, self consumption / self sufficiency, ... are all terms well known to you.
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing).
- You can work well in a team of skilled professionals.
- At least two years experience as a Product Owner.
- Solid experience with planning and optimization problems.
- Knowledge of (or affinity with) numerical optimization techniques, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Experience with net balancing or energy markets is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary in line with your experience level. Supplemented with additional benefits and a full-electric company car.
A dynamic work environment with room for your ideas. Collaborate with a highly motivated team of experts in their field, giving you the potential to learn and grow.
You are actively participating in making the energy transition a reality, changing the way we use and think about energy worldwide.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, a worldwide market leader in EV charging equipment and as such, our software solutions have massive global impact.
Enervalis strives to enable a 100% green society. To this end, we develop software for smart control of electric vehicles, heat pumps, batteries, ventilation systems and so on. Our solutions accelerate the energy transition and improve the business case for owners of energy assets.
Enervalis is a young and dynamic high-tech company. We work as one team, we have an open culture and believe in each other’s abilities. We hold each other accountable and invest in personal growth. Our goal is that working for Enervalis is a leap forward for yourself and your career.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, the worldwide market leader in EV charging solutions.