Senior DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, HasseltSoftware development - Virtual Power Plant & Machine Learning
As a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
you design our systems architecture, contribute to the reliability of our services as well as troubleshoot and monitor our cloud infrastructure. As part of the DevOps/SRE team, you are at the heart of our infrastructure, and interact on a daily basis with our software development teams. You develop and enhance our CI/CD pipelines, raising the automation and standardization of our development processes to the next level. You use the latest technologies and methods, enabling the team to meet high security standards and to be able to develop our products quickly and flexibly.
The cloud monitoring, automation and reporting tooling you set up and configure support the companies rapid international growth, and enable us to maintain high up times and comply with demanding SLA's. You will help us to grow our machine learning based services into a robust, scalable and configurable platform that optimizes the energy consumption of hundreds of thousands of EV charge points, battery storage systems, heat pumps and more.
The platform you will help to keep reliable and scalable powers our state of the art algorithms to predict the production and consumption of green energy and balance supply and demand on the electricity grid. Basically your daily work will help transform the global energy sector to shift from fossil-based systems to renewable energy sources.
This is a full-time position in our office in Hasselt (Belgium).
We offer a hybrid model of working two days at the office, and three
days from home. The focus of this role is on cloud architecture, security, monitoring and automation,
not on software development.
You’ll join a young and dynamic company that cares about people and team spirit. This job is varied and challenging, and offers the opportunity to grow together with the organization. We offer competitive salary packages, in line with your experience and competences.
- A bachelor’s degree in informatics, computer science, industrial science or
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing), you’re a strong communicator that can coordinate with the development team and take ownership of the DevOps/SRE topics.
- You are organized, structured and display strong analytical thinking and systematic problem-solving skills.
- Stress resistant, able to juggle several concurrent tasks.
- You can work autonomously and take initiative to propose solutions.
- You are willing to be on-call some nights and weekends (rotation system).
- At least 3 years experience in DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering.
- Experience with Google Cloud, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Terraform, Git / Gitlab, SonarQube, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Experience with machine learning, optimization and planning algorithms is a strong plus.
- Experience with SQL (PostgreSQL) and no-SQL (MongoDB) databases.
- Experience with at least one scripting language and well versed in the Linux command shell.
- Good knowledge of Linux and networking.
We offer a competitive salary in line with your experience level. Supplemented with additional benefits and a full-electric company car.
A dynamic work environment with room for your ideas. Collaborate with a highly motivated team of experts in their field, giving you the potential to learn and grow.
You are actively participating in making the energy transition a reality, changing the way we use and think about energy worldwide.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, a worldwide market leader in EV charging equipment and as such, our software solutions have massive global impact.
Enervalis strives to enable a 100% green society. To this end, we develop software for smart control of electric vehicles, heat pumps, batteries, ventilation systems and so on. Our solutions accelerate the energy transition and improve the business case for owners of energy assets.
Enervalis is a young and dynamic high-tech company. We work as one team, we have an open culture and believe in each other’s abilities. We hold each other accountable and invest in personal growth. Our goal is that working for Enervalis is a leap forward for yourself and your career.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, the worldwide market leader in EV charging solutions.