Senior Software Engineer / Architect
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Houthalen-HelchterenSoftware development - IoT & Cloud
As a senior software engineer / architect, you are a key member of the Asset & Energy Management team. You will help us to transform our current IoT solution into a robust, scalable and configurable platform that forms the basis of the Enervalis Smartpower Suite©. Connected to hundreds of thousands of edge devices around the world, collecting millions of data points and controlling assets like EV charge points, battery storage systems, heat pumps and more.
The platform you will design, shape and build powers our state of the art algorithms to predict the production and consumption of green energy and balance supply and demand on the electricity grid. Basically your daily work will help transform the global energy sector to shift from fossil-based systems to renewable energy sources.
This is a full-time position in our office in Houthalen-Helchteren (Belgium). We offer a hybrid model of working two days at the office, and three days from home. The focus of this role is hands-on software engineering, not simply producing documents and diagrams. You will collaborate with Product Management to come up with features/solutions spanning user interfaces, backend, cloud infrastructure and embedded/IoT solutions.
You’ll join a young and dynamic company that cares about people and team spirit. This job is varied and challenging, and offers the opportunity to grow together with the organization. We offer competitive salary packages, in line with your experience and competences.
- A master’s degree in informatics, computer science, industrial science or equivalent experience forms the basis of your career. You’re a lifelong learner who stays current on the latest developments in software architecture, security, databases, backend and frontend technologies etc.
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing), you’re an excellent communicator that can build consensus around its proposals.
- You are passionate about clean technology and innovation towards a sustainable future.
- You have an analytical and creative mind and can get things done.
- You write clear and complete scope documents and work alongside a team of skilled professionals to turn them into reality.
- At least 10 years experience as a software developer, of which at least 3 years in a leading role driving the software architecture of a complex solution.
- Deep technical knowledge about a broad number of technologies: frontend (React), backends (java, golang, nodejs), databases (mongodb, postgresql, redis, influxdb), RabbitMQ, kafka, kubernetes, GCP, networking, docker, linux, encryption, …
- Deep understanding of scalability, reliability & security problems.
- Passionate about clean architecture and SOLID software design principles. Your solutions are reliable, scalable, secure and fast.
- Knowledge of (or affinity with) numerical optimization techniques, machine learning,
artificial intelligence is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary in line with your experience level. Supplemented with additional benefits and a full-electric company car.
A dynamic work environment with room for your ideas. Collaborate with a highly motivated team of experts in their field, giving you the potential to learn and grow.
You are actively participating in making the energy transition a reality, changing the way we use and think about energy worldwide.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, a worldwide market leader in EV charging equipment and as such, our software solutions have massive global impact.
Enervalis strives to enable a 100% green society. To this end, we develop software for smart control of electric vehicles, heat pumps, batteries, ventilation systems and so on. Our solutions accelerate the energy transition and improve the business case for owners of energy assets.
Enervalis is a young and dynamic high-tech company. We work as one team, we have an open culture and believe in each other’s abilities. We hold each other accountable and invest in personal growth. Our goal is that working for Enervalis is a leap forward for yourself and your career.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, the worldwide market leader in EV charging solutions.