Hasselt, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumSoftware development - IoT & Cloud
Enervalis (Part of ABB E-mobility) is seeking a talented and motivated Software Architect to join our company. Are you ready to be part of the EV revolution and help shape the future of sustainable transportation?
At Enervalis we believe the world is evolving to 100% green energy production and that most of the energy consumption will be electric. This is the only way to keep our climate and planet healthy. Enervalis supports new business models that integrate balancing the supply of irregular green energy and demand. Enervalis applies energy management in various markets (EV Smart Charging, Energy & Asset Management, Virtual Power Plant). What they have in common is the pursuit of energy efficiency and the maximum return on the energy system as a whole.
To further sustain and accelerate our growth we are looking for a Software Architect
You are responsible for the software architecture of this EV charging solution (IOT/Cloud/APP/Web).
This is a full-time position in our office in Hasselt (Belgium). We offer a hybrid model of working two days at the office, and three days from home. The focus of this role is on creating, managing and maintaining the software architecture of our EV charging solution. You will collaborate with Product Management to come up with features/solutions spanning user interfaces, backend, cloud infrastructure and embedded/IoT solutions.
You will work together with the project managers and the software team to create the EV charging solution.
You’ll join a young and dynamic company that cares about people and team spirit. This job is varied and challenging, and offers the opportunity to grow together with the organization. We offer competitive salary packages, in line with your experience and competences.
- A master’s degree in informatics, computer science, industrial science or equivalent experience forms the basis of your career. You’re a lifelong learner who stays current on the latest developments in software architecture, security, databases, backend and frontend technologies etc.
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing), you’re an excellent communicator that can build consensus around its proposals.
- You are passionate about clean technology and innovation towards a sustainable future.
- You have an analytical and creative mind and can get things done.
- You write clear and complete scope documents and work alongside a team of skilled professionals to turn them into reality.
- At least 10 years experience as a software developer, of which at least 3 years in a leading role driving the software architecture of a complex solution.
- Deep technical knowledge about a broad number of technologies: frontend (React), backends (java, golang, nodejs), databases (mongodb, postgresql, redis, influxdb), RabbitMQ, kafka, kubernetes, Azure Cloud, networking, docker, linux, encryption, …
- Experience of building a cloud architecture in Azure
- Deep understanding of scalability, reliability & security problems.
- Passionate about clean architecture and SOLID software design principles. Your solutions are reliable, scalable, secure and fast.
- You write production code on a regular basis. We're not looking for architects that only produce documents and diagrams.
- Knowledge of EV charging protocols is a plus (OCPP, OCPI, V2G, V2X, ISO15118, …)
Your application has successfully been submitted! We'll review and will be in touch soon.
We offer a competitive salary in line with your experience level. Supplemented with additional benefits and a full-electric company car.
A dynamic work environment with room for your ideas. Collaborate with a highly motivated team of experts in their field, giving you the potential to learn and grow.
You are actively participating in making the energy transition a reality, changing the way we use and think about energy worldwide.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, a worldwide market leader in EV charging equipment and as such, our software solutions have massive global impact.
Enervalis strives to enable a 100% green society. To this end, we develop software for smart control of electric vehicles, heat pumps, batteries, ventilation systems and so on. Our solutions accelerate the energy transition and improve the business case for owners of energy assets.
Enervalis is a young and dynamic high-tech company. We work as one team, we have an open culture and believe in each other’s abilities. We hold each other accountable and invest in personal growth. Our goal is that working for Enervalis is a leap forward for yourself and your career.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, the worldwide market leader in EV charging solutions.