Software Engineer - Virtual Power Plant
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, HasseltSoftware development - Virtual Power Plant & Machine Learning
As a software engineer, you are a key member of the Virtual Power Plant team. You will help us to build a robust, scalable implementation of the brains of the Enervalis Smartpower Suite©. This is a powerful energy system of the future that maps energy flows and optimizes them through machine-learning techniques. Our state of the art algorithms predict the production and consumption of green energy and control large consumers, storage systems and electric vehicles to balance supply and demand. Basically your daily work will help transform the global energy sector to shift from fossil-based systems to renewable energy sources.
This is a full-time position either in our office in Houthalen-Helchteren. The focus of this role is on software engineering, not on algorithm development.
You’ll join a young and dynamic company that cares about people and team spirit. This job is varied and challenging, and offers the opportunity to grow together with the organization. We offer competitive salary packages, in line with your experience and competences.
- Master’s degree in informatics, computer science, industrial science or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing).
- You are passionate about clean technology and innovation towards a sustainable future.
- You have an analytical and creative mind and can get things done.
- You can work well in a team of skilled professionals.
- At least two years experience as a software developer.
- Passionate about clean architecture and SOLID software design principles.
- Experience with the Linux operating system.
- Strong knowledge of Python and Java.
- Knowledge of (or affinity with) numerical optimization techniques, machine learning, artificial intelligence is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary in line with your experience level. Supplemented with additional benefits and a full-electric company car.
A dynamic work environment with room for your ideas. Collaborate with a highly motivated team of experts in their field, giving you the potential to learn and grow.
You are actively participating in making the energy transition a reality, changing the way we use and think about energy worldwide.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, a worldwide market leader in EV charging equipment and as such, our software solutions have massive global impact.
Enervalis strives to enable a 100% green society. To this end, we develop software for smart control of electric vehicles, heat pumps, batteries, ventilation systems and so on. Our solutions accelerate the energy transition and improve the business case for owners of energy assets.
Enervalis is a young and dynamic high-tech company. We work as one team, we have an open culture and believe in each other’s abilities. We hold each other accountable and invest in personal growth. Our goal is that working for Enervalis is a leap forward for yourself and your career.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, the worldwide market leader in EV charging solutions.