Software Test Engineer
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, HasseltSoftware development - QA for IoT & Cloud
Enervalis (Part of ABB E-mobility) is seeking a Software Test Engineer to join our team and help revolutionise the EV charging industry with our next-generation solutions. Our unique design utilizes renewable energy sources, reducing carbon footprints and providing a superior user experience for EV charging customers. As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for creating, running and maintaining automatic and manual tests for our cloud-based IoT platform.
- Plan, design, implement and run test cases (manual and/or automated)
- Analyze and report test results, find current gaps in test coverage and prepare test scenarios
- Report and track defects and inconsistencies to development teams and follow up closely
- Recommend new test methodologies and tools to continuously improve our test activities
- Collaborate with the software development team to understand the requirements, make sure their code is testable, and test the delivered software to ensure a close feedback loop for software quality
This is a full-time position based in Hasselt, Belgium, with a hybrid model of working two days per week in the office and three days from home. We offer a competitive salary package and the opportunity to grow with the organization in a young and dynamic company culture that values people and team spirit.
- A bachelor’s degree in informatics, computer science, industrial science or
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing), you’re a strong communicator that can coordinate with the development team and take ownership of the test automation topics.
- You like to analyze problems and are capable to identify gaps in the existing test approach
- You are organized, structured and have a systematic work approach.
- You have good communication and teamwork skills
- You have a hands-on attitude and a passion for quality.
- You can work autonomously and take initiative to propose solutions.
- At least 3 years experience with creating tests and test management tools, as applied to backend testing or Frontend testing.
- Experience with modern cloud-based development and operation environments.
- You have a feel for programming and scripting in python or bash, or you know programming languages such as Java, golang or C#.
- Experience with API testing.
- Being familiar with ISTQB standards is a plus.
- Knowledge of Robotframework is a plus
- Hands-on experience with hardware / IoT device testing is a plus.
- Hands-on knowledge of hardware communication protocols like modbus is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary in line with your experience level. Supplemented with additional benefits and a full-electric company car.
A dynamic work environment with room for your ideas. Collaborate with a highly motivated team of experts in their field, giving you the potential to learn and grow.
You are actively participating in making the energy transition a reality, changing the way we use and think about energy worldwide.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, a worldwide market leader in EV charging equipment and as such, our software solutions have massive global impact.
Enervalis strives to enable a 100% green society. To this end, we develop software for smart control of electric vehicles, heat pumps, batteries, ventilation systems and so on. Our solutions accelerate the energy transition and improve the business case for owners of energy assets.
Enervalis is a young and dynamic high-tech company. We work as one team, we have an open culture and believe in each other’s abilities. We hold each other accountable and invest in personal growth. Our goal is that working for Enervalis is a leap forward for yourself and your career.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, the worldwide market leader in EV charging solutions.