Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, HasseltSoftware development - IoT & Cloud
At Enervalis we believe the world is evolving to 100% green energy production and that most of the energy consumption will be electric. This is the only way to keep our climate and planet healthy. Enervalis supports new business models that integrate balancing the supply of irregular green energy and demand. Enervalis applies energy management in various markets (EV Smart Charging, Energy & Asset Management, Virtual Power Plant). What they have in common is the pursuit of energy efficiency and the maximum return on the energy system as a whole.
To further sustain and accelerate our growth we are looking for a Test Engineer.
As a Test Engineer
you create the automatic and manual tests for testing our cloud-based IoT platform. Our services provide a unique challenge when it comes to test automation: we run software on an edge device, connected to a variety of local hardware (EV chargers, heat pumps, energy meters, etc) and our cloud back-end. Designing and implementing a reliable test strategy and test set for such a solution will be one of the most interesting challenges of your career.
In this role, you plan, design, implement and run test cases (manual and/or automated). You analyse and report test results, find current gaps in test coverage and prepare test scenarios. In case of any issue found, you report and track defects and inconsistencies to development teams and follow them up closely. You recommend new test methodologies and tools to continuously improve our test activities. You'll work close together with the software development team to understand the requirements, to make sure their code is testable and to test the delivered software to make sure that there is a close feedback loop for the quality of the software.
This is a full-time position in our office in Hasselt (Belgium).
We offer a hybrid model of working two days at the office, and three
days from home. The focus of this role is on software quality assurance, not on product development.
You’ll join a young and dynamic company that cares about people and team spirit. This job is varied and challenging, and offers the opportunity to grow together with the organization. We offer competitive salary packages, in line with your experience and competences.
- A bachelor’s degree in informatics, computer science, industrial science or
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing), you’re a strong communicator that can coordinate with the development team and take ownership of the test automation topics.
- You like to analyze problems and are capable to identify gaps in the existing test approach
- You are organized, structured and have a systematic work approach.
- You have good communication and teamwork skills
- You have a hands-on attitude and a passion for quality.
- You can work autonomously and take initiative to propose solutions.
- At least 3 years experience with creating tests and test management tools, as applied to backend testing or Frontend testing, covering all levels from unit testing to end-to-end testing.
- Experience with modern cloud-based development and operation environments.
- You have a feel for programming and scripting in python or bash, or you know programming languages such as Java, golang or C#.
- Experience with API testing.
- Being familiar with ISTQB standards is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with hardware / IoT device testing is a Plus.
- Hands-on knowledge of hardware communication protocols like modbus is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary in line with your experience level. Supplemented with additional benefits and a full-electric company car.
A dynamic work environment with room for your ideas. Collaborate with a highly motivated team of experts in their field, giving you the potential to learn and grow.
You are actively participating in making the energy transition a reality, changing the way we use and think about energy worldwide.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, a worldwide market leader in EV charging equipment and as such, our software solutions have massive global impact.
Enervalis strives to enable a 100% green society. To this end, we develop software for smart control of electric vehicles, heat pumps, batteries, ventilation systems and so on. Our solutions accelerate the energy transition and improve the business case for owners of energy assets.
Enervalis is a young and dynamic high-tech company. We work as one team, we have an open culture and believe in each other’s abilities. We hold each other accountable and invest in personal growth. Our goal is that working for Enervalis is a leap forward for yourself and your career.
Enervalis is part of ABB E-mobility, the worldwide market leader in EV charging solutions.